Try Baton Twirling with a Free Workshop!
Coach Melinda Haley offered a fun clinic on Saturday, January 6, 2018, at Cantwell School from 2 to 4 pm. Read the fun article on the event here. A future clinic may be scheduled.
2018 Baton Twirling Classes for New Twirlers
New student classes feature weekly, one-hour lessons, in which we’ll learn and perfect dozens of twirls, work with a fun prop like a hula hoop, flag or ribbon stick, dance, stretch, combine simple dance moves with our twirls, and practice performance skills. Classes are regularly offered through the school year; special classes may be offered over the summer. Students will be prepared to perform both individually and as a group for competitions and local performances in the spring. Students are grouped by age and ability level, with younger students meeting earlier in the evening.
Students should have long hair pulled back, tennis shoes, and t-shirts with shorts or pants that allow for easy movement.
Classes are held in local area schools. Each class must have four to ten students, so classes may be expanded or condensed to ensure the proper class size. You may register for a class by calling 349-5222 or emailing email@example.com. Classes may be paid for via PayPal, cash, or check.
Cost is $77 per student for a month of hour-long classes, with additional students in same family during same session at $42. Student must order a regulation baton; loaners are available for initial classes. During the regular season / school year, each twirler must become a member of the United States Twirling Association for the season, which starts at $18 for the year.
- A new session of classes is in development now. Please call or email to express interest.
2018-2019 season Baton Twirling Classes for Experienced Twirlers
More experienced twirlers are grouped by both age and skill level, and classes may be one to two hours weekly, as appropriate. Our regular season follows the school year, with classes beginning following Labor Day. Please contact our director Kathy Freeman via email or message at 349-5222 with any questions or concerns, or to schedule a tryout.
Any time of the year — Private Lessons
Any students are welcome to and invited to take private lessons with the coach of their choice, to build their individual skills and work toward solo, two-baton, dance twirl, flash flag, and other specialty routines. Individual members of the corps (those not also taking team classes) pay $37 a month to the corps and then the coach’s hourly rate directly to the coach.
Additional costs in twirling:
- All corps members must be current members of the United States Twirling Association, with annual dues ranging from $10 (corps / beginner member) to $35 (corps or solo member who plans to compete in solo events, you may register and pay online).
- All corps members must have a regulation baton (new or used), starting at $29
- Team & Individual members (those who have completed their beginner year and enrolled in team or private lesson classes) pay an annual Corps fee of $75 per family, a Registration fee of $40 per twirler (includes logo t-shirt for the season), and must ensure they have required logo clothing and costume as required by team / individual coach
- Any twirler may enter in USTA-sanctioned twirling contests with payment of entry fees and current membership or member-for-a-day USTA fees
Ready to register now? You may:
- call our corps line at 907-349-5222 or email us to reserve your or your child’s spot.
You are most welcome to discuss additional session opportunities or ask questions by calling our corps line at 349-5222 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download your registration forms in PDF ABCRegistration2017 if you’d like to print them out and complete them before your first class. Printed copies will also be available at classes.
Address: PO Box 220066, Anchorage, AK 99522-0066
Web hosting is provided by Erik Johnson of Northern Vista Designs.